Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hacked iPhone 1.1.3 upgrade

Since Apple upgraded its firmware from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and then to 1.1.3 (last month), I have been resisting the temptation to do so on my own iPhone via hacks. Since January, the iPhone hacker community found ways to get iphones upgraded to 1.1.3, but this was really complicated and really risky and took lots of time. I figured I would wait.

Well the wait was worth it. I upgraded my phone last week from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 in about 10 minutes.

The description is here, but you have to read it carefully. But essentially,

1) you need to have a Mac running on Leopard

2) download the 1.1.3 restore from Apple's site here. Download the iJailBreak software here.

3) Once it is downloaded, open iTunes, connect your iPhone, and do Option Click on Restore. This will let you select the 1.1.3 package. Do so.

4) Once your phone has been upgraded, turn off iTunes. Unzip the iJailbreak software and activate it. Follow the instructions and within minutes you have a jailbroken, activated iPhone running on 1.1.3.

Suuhhhweeeeet!

blog comments powered by Disqus