Monday, November 12, 2007

Book Recommendation: The Afghan (fiction)

So I was off for a long weekend because of Deepavali public holiday. The family and I went to Malaysia (Johor State) for some golf, horse-riding and general R&R. I picked up this book, The Afghan (By Frederick Forsyth) coming back from the UK the week before. I figured I have been reading enough non-fiction that I needed to let my mind have a bit of exercise. The bookshop girl recommended this, so why not?



It was actually a good quick read. Like many books these days, there is a mix of reality and fiction so you feel like you are actually learning a lot while reading. In this case, it is about the terrorist network and how it came about and some historical info as well. I always like these kinds of stories. Just try to keep the the fact from fiction.

Overall, great read, if you are in for a good espionage/action/modern setting storytelling.

blog comments powered by Disqus