Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hotels.com Launches iPhone App

This is not new news as the application was first launched on 10th December '08 (see here). But it seems to be getting picked up by hotelmarketing.com and others (and now me!).
It's not big news, but it is at least interesting to me since I have my own hacked iPhone. With the iPhone's browser being the one of the fastest and most popular mobile browsers, this is certainly interesting. It is getting almost 0.1% which is a big deal:

View Trend Windows XP
78.37%
View Trend Windows Vista
9.19%
View Trend MacIntel
3.59%
View Trend Mac OS
3.22%
View Trend Windows 2000
2.97%
View Trend Windows 98
0.76%
View Trend Windows NT
0.63%
View Trend Linux
0.57%
View Trend Windows ME
0.43%
View Trend iPhone
0.09%
View Trend Windows CE
0.06%
View Trend Hiptop
0.02%
View Trend Windows 95
0.02%
View Trend Web TV
0.01%

I tried to access http://www.hotels.com/iphone from my iPhone but I get redirected to an Asian page of hotels.com.... sigh....

Anyhow, mobile access for hotel bookings is a tricky one. I have a proposal from a vendor to take my millenniumhotels.com site and build an interface for mobile. I just can't get an ROI calculation for it. How many bookings do I have to do to get my money back? OR should this be mostly for branding? Would it help for SEO as well?

Well those questions don't have any immediate answers, but at least for now, my investment my iPhone seems to be ok (despite hotels.com not letting me view their iphone app... yet!).

blog comments powered by Disqus